Dive moved to GitHub

I have made the decision to move the Dive engine to git and host it on GitHub. The old Bitbucket mercurial repository will stay up, but will no longer be active.

Dive’s new scheduler

Just a few minutes ago, I committed some changes to Dive’s scheduler. No longer does the scheduler execute all expiring tasks willy-nilly; now it actually thinks! Now the scheduler can delay the execution of tasks if previous tasks took up too much of the game loop. The scheduler is fed the time of the next […]

This is a bad idea. Don’t do it.

Updated: New syntax was introduced in a recent commit. Specifically, semicolons were removed and arguments must now be specified in a C-like style (though if there are no arguments, you don’t have to use parenthesis). While playing around with Dive’s new scripting system, I decided to do some self-multiplying timers… Don’t do this. If you […]

Dive Scripting!

I have recently implemented a simple scripting system into Dive, which is similar to existing console command systems found in engines like UDK and Source, but has a few slightly more advanced features in it. Take this for example: Here I’m using Dive’s scripting system to set a variable “foo” to “Hello World!”. Simple enough, […]

A few minor Dive engine updates

Been neglecting this blog a bit, but oh well. I have a few minor updates to Dive, mainly dealing with a minor bugfix and a change in how certain debug functions work. First of all, the bugfix: I had assumed that Visual Studio defined RELEASE when building in release mode. Apparently this is not the […]