I decided the other day to write a raytracer in C#, since I haven’t done that before and I thought it might be fun. I have to say, I haven’t had this much fun in a while. Unfortunately I didn’t have the foresight to take screenshots whenever I changed something, so I don’t have many images to show the process, but I do have a few images.
This was yesterday’s state, with support for diffuse shading and reflections. The plane at the bottom has some broken shading, which was fixed in the later version.
Next up is either going to be support for more shapes or antialiasing, not sure which at the moment.
Update: I added antialiasing support. Image rendered at 1920×1080, 16 samples per pixel.